The Circuits, Sensors and Renewable Energy Sources (CSRES) Laboratory belongs to the Electronic and Computer Architecture Division of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Technical University of Crete.
The CSRES Lab serves the educational and research needs in the following scientific fields:
- Electric Circuits (analysis and synthesis of electric circuits, use of software for circuit design etc.) and power processing and management circuits (power electronic converters, devices for power control etc.),
- Sensors (design of sensors, circuits for sensor signal processing etc.) and electric measurements (measurement devices and instruments, interfaces of measurement systems with computers etc.) and
- Renewable Energy Sources (design of solar and wind energy conversion systems, biomass-based energy production, wave energy, geothermal energy, energy management and storage systems, energy saving, Smart Grids and Microgrids, optimization of operation etc.).
More information about the research and teaching activities of the CSRES Lab is provided in the sections “Research” and “Education”, respectively.
The CSRES Lab has as mission:
- To cover the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching needs of the School of Electrical & Computer Engineering of the Technical University of Crete and other Schools of the Technical University of Crete, on subjects that fall within the scientific fields of the Laboratory.
- To carry out research and related studies on subjects falling within the scientific fields of the Laboratory.
- The implementation of research projects funded by national, European or other resources, public or private.
- The theoretical and practical training of qualified and specialized scientists in the scientific fields covered by the Laboratory, as well as the implementation of lifelong learning programs and e-learning programs in accordance with the legislation in force.
- To undertake consultancy or development projects and studies for meeting the needs of the society.
- To cooperate with other academic institutions, research centers and institutes, Greek or foreign.
- To co-operate with public sector bodies (such as the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs), local authorities, scientific and social institutions, as well as international organizations, on issues that belong to the scientific fields of the Laboratory.
- To provide opinions in legal and other cases on subjects related to the scientific fields of the Laboratory in accordance with the legislation in force.
- To provide services to individuals and to legal entities.
The research equipment consists of oscilloscopes, high-accuracy generators and multimeters, power quality analyzers, electronic meters of various parameters, as well as microprocessor development systems, DSPs and FPGAs. Also, computer systems and peripherals are available, as well as all the necessary software.
The Circuits, Sensors and Renewable Energy Sources Laboratory is located at the building of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. The exact location is pointed in the map.